Search This Blog

Saturday

Mandala design - altered box




Mandala
I am here to share with you a small altered project with mandala design as the center focus. As you all know that the mandala is considered auspicious in the Hindu tradition and it has its significance. We do hawan-homa-yagna with this mandala design offering prayers to the Gods.  These are very symbolic and have their own importance.

Here I have used a mandala designed sweet savior box which I had.  I liked the design on the box and preserved it hopping it may be used as a storage box for my small embellies/craft beads or so.  

                          

I have used glitter washi tape along the edge of the box, stuck rhinestones and pearls along the box and in the mandala design.  I have also used filigree corners at either ends. Also made roses from my cherrylynn die set, used golden pearl string and decorated the box giving it a finishing touch. I used a organza ribbon on the outer edges and also glitter washi tape.  



In the inside I decorated the sentiment with glitter washi, with few flowers in the corners and stuck a precious moments drawing which I have watercolour.


Hope you all liked this altered box of mine.
Wish me luck and leave a comment.  I would like to hear from you.


Regards

Hema

1 comment:

  1. WOW this is so intricate and pretty...so much of hard work and so beautifully executed!!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete